Food Allergy Week 2015
Australia has one of the highest reported incidences of food allergies in the world, and the numbers are growing at an alarming rate. In fact, one in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy.
An allergic reaction can quickly become life threatening and people can die from food allergy. While the risk cannot be removed, it can be managed.
It’s up to all of us to be allergy aware – to know how to minimise the risk of a reaction, to know what to do if a reaction happens, and to understand and support family, friends and colleagues living with food allergies.
SHOW YOU CARE
There are several ways that you can Show You Care during Food Allergy Week 2015
• Paint one nail to symbolise that one in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy
• Adopt an allergy for a day/week to better understand the challenges people with allergy face every single day
• Download a badge to use through your social media channels
• Hold your own community fundraising or awareness-raising event during the week and notify your local paper. You can download a press release template here
• Make a donation here
• Join our Thunderclap to help spread the word about the importance of understanding food allergy by agreeing to a Tweet, Facebook or Tumblr message being posted on your social media account at 9am on Monday 18 May